Message from the Artistic Director
Since 1975, for 45 years, the principal concern of us, European Music Institute Vienna, and its predecessor Wiener Meisterkurse, has been to offer young musicians from all over the world the best possible conditions for musical formation with internationally renowned masters of their profession.
Since 1975, our principal concern as European Music Institute Vienna and Wiener Meisterkurse has been to offer young musicians from all over the world the best possible conditions for further musical formation with internationally renowned masters of their profession.
The current limitations of our artistic life teach us and the rest of the world that more than ever, true life needs the real presence of music. This means that we have to carry on working and not weaken in our efforts to become perfected artists.
In recognition of our responsibility for the health of our students, employees and professors, and due to the global corona crisis and the resulting travel restrictions and general health precautions, modifications have become necessary in the staging of this year’s EMIV Summer Academy.The academy is to take place in Laudon Palace from 24 July to 14 August.
- Courses which can’t take place due to the above mentioned reasons will be taking place with our new created EMIV Online Academy.
- Courses which will be taking place at EMIV Online Academy will be providing the currently highest available standard beyond common Zoom/Facetime/Skype etc.
- If a student cannot travel or otherwise cannot be present, her/his course will be held online, also in case the course itself takes place in presence.
- Students who participate online may apply for a reduction of the course fee for the purpose of necessary purchases (USB-Microphone) for being able to participate on an adequate technical level.
- If a professor cannot hold his/her class in present, the class will be held online.
- If, due to the above mentioned circumstances, the Academy cannot be held at Laudon Palace, the whole Academy will be held as EMIV Online Academy. This decision will be made and announced on 16 June 2020.
- If to a later stage any potential development occurs which makes it impossible to stage EMIV Summer Academy in Laudon Palace in presence, the whole Academy may be held online.
All best wishes, combined with the hope that we will soon see each at our lovely fairy-tale palace.
Again, take care of yourself and your families.