Mozart Opera Studio
W. A. Mozart: Don Giovanni, KV 527
Join us for an intensive workshop with Mozart's "Don Giovanni" in Laudon Palace:
Two full casts (young artists/emerging professionals) and up to four assistant conductors are accepted to rehearse and stage-perform - each cast gets one of two performances, one as soloist, the other as ensemble - the opera with orchestra ensemble WienSinfonietta in Freskensaal of Laudon Palace. The opera is prepared for stage on the base of intense stage and musical rehearsals.
27 June - 09 July: Stage and musical rehearsals with Elizabeth de Trejo, Mauricio de Trejo and Jörg Birhance. Piano accompaniment and Hammerflügel: N.N.
11 - 21 July: Master course with Maestro Francisco Araiza (focus on the individual parts of the opera, participants may bring additional repertoire of own choice)
23 - 28 July: Final Stage and musical rehearsals with Elizabeth de Trejo, Mauricio de Trejo and Jörg Birhance. Piano accompaniment and Hammerflügel: N.N., Orchestra ensemble: WienSinfonietta
30 & 31 July: Performances in Freskensaal of Laudon Palace
Early deadline: Please note that for this workshop the application deadline is 01 March 2022.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Don Giovanni, KV 527 (in Italian language)
- Musical rehearsals (individual & ensemble)
- Voice coaching
- Stage rehearsals
- Performance with orchestra ensemble
- Italian language coaching
- Double Cast: Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Zerlina, Don Giovanni, Don Ottavio, Leporello, Masetto/Commendatore
- Preparation: The roles must be memorized by the beginning of the workshop. Minor cuts would be announced in due time.
- Assistant Conductors: Conducting and piano accompaniment of music and stage rehearsals. Depending on qualification, fortepiano playing in performance is possible. Score analysis and conducting technique. Conductors will share one performance. The participation at the Haydn-conducting course with Jörg Birhance is included in the program and the course fee.
- Edition: NMA Neue Mozart Ausgabe published by Bärenreiter.
- Qualification: adequate prior training.
- Workshop Languages: English, German
- Video: the performances will be recorded; every participant will receive a copy for private use (copyright remains with EMIV).
- Pre-selection: Please send in a video recording (youtube) of one Mozart Aria and one piece of free choice (at least one in Italian language).
- Assistant conductors: please send in a video of conducting a classical piece (Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven in rehearsal or concert) and a detailed c.v.
- Singers Audition: Live auditions will be held online via MyBlueSkies.net by mid of March (please provide your own pianist). Roles will be announced by end of March.
- Course Fee: EUR 3.000 to be paid as follows:
- Deposit due along with the application (as part of the course fee, refundable in case of not being accepted): EUR 150
- Deposit due after role assignment: EUR 1.500
- Balance due until May 20: EUR 1.500
- Please note: Due to the uncertainties of the current Covid situation we recommend that you take out a cancellation insurance in your home country.
- Application Deadline: 01 March 2023
- Questions: mail us!