Jörg Birhance, Conducting
25 - 31 July
Joseph Haydn | Joseph Haydn | Joseph Haydn
- Symphony no. 43 in Eb "Merkur"
- Symphony no. 44 in e "Mourning"
- Symphony no. 47 in G "The Palindrome"
- Symphony no. 59 in A "Feuersymphonie" (all with orchestra)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:
- La Clemenza di Tito, KV 622 (afternoon piano rehearsals with the Mozart Opera Studio)
- Conducting Piano
- Rehearsals and concert with WienSinfonietta (Please note that due to the current Covid-19-restrictions the orchestra will play in small size: 2-2, Strings 3-3-2-2-1)
- Observation of Form as Movement / Bar Group / Gestalt (after Constantin Bugeanu, N.B.: Chapter II. from "The Observation of Form" is recommended as preparation for the method of study)
- Conducting technique (Functional technique after Sergiu Celibidache)
- Melos, Tempo, stylistic aspects, rehearsal technique
- Day 1-3: 09:30-13 preparatory part, conducting Piano
- Day 4-6: 10-13 Rehearsal with WienSinfonietta
- Day 7: 11:00 Concert in Laudon Palace Freskensaal
- Mozart Opera Studio: "La clemenza di Tito": conducting piano rehearsals
- Day 1-6: 15-18
- The course is designed for 6-10 active conductors. No age limit. Please note study and conducting experience in the online application form.
- Workshop Languages: German, English, Spanish, French
- Video: rehearsals and performance will be video recorded; every participant will receive a copy for private use (copyright remains with EMIV).
- Course Fee:
- Deposit payment (as part of the course fee): EUR 600
- Regular Course (register and pay until June 01, 2022): EUR 1200
- Passive Fee:
- EUR 280
- Application Deadline Course: 01 June 2022
- Late application only upon availability of spots/waiting list