Henry Purcell: Dido and Aneas
Join us for an intensive workshop with Purcell's "Dido and Aneas":
Today, a singer must be "specialised" in all styles. Therefore, the course is of course aimed at singers who have either already specialised in baroque singing or who want to expand their singing portfolio to include this style.
Two full casts are accepted to rehearse and stage-perform - each cast gets one of two performances, one as soloist, the other as part of the choir, the opera with baroque ensemble of WienSinfonietta. The opera is prepared for stage on the base of intense stage and musical rehearsals.
Henry Purcell, Dido and Aeneas (in English language)
- Musical rehearsals (individual & ensemble)
- Voice coaching
- Performance with baroque ensemble
- Double Cast: Dido, Belinda, Aeneas, A Sorceress, First Witch, Second Witch, Second Woman/A Spirit, First Sailor
- Preparation: The solo roles and respective choir parts must be studied and memorized by the beginning of the workshop.
- Edition: Bärenreiter Urtext.
- Qualification: adequate prior training.
- Workshop Languages: English, Italian
- Video: the performances will be recorded; every participant will receive a copy for private use (copyright remains with EMIV).
- Selection: Please send in a video recording (youtube) of one Baroque Aria and one piece of free choice. An additional online audition is considered.
- Course Fee:
Soloists: EUR 850 (partial scholarships available)
Choir: EUR 450
- Application deadline: 15 May 2024
- Questions: mail us!