Alexis Hauser, Orchestra Conducting
01 - 07 August
Beethoven | Schubert | Schoenberg
We are very happy to are able to invite Maestro Alexis Hauser, the last student of the legendary conducting professor Hans Swarowsky who is still teaching at a major university, for our conducting program.
An important conclusion from this school is the significance of Viennese classics for the further development of music, which is the essence of every classical period of an art form. It is therefore all the more wonderful to be able to work with the students of the EMIV Conducting Summer on the 250th anniversary of Arnold Schoenberg's 2nd Chamber Symphony, together with works by Beethoven and Schubert.
Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 2 in D, op. 36
Franz Schubert: Symphony No. 3 in D, D200
Arnold Schoenberg: Chamber Symphony No. 2, op. 38
- Conducting Piano
- Rehearsals and concert with WienSinfonietta
- Conducting technique, Analysis, Tempo, stylistic aspects, rehearsal technique
- Day 1-3: Preparatory part, conducting Piano
- Day 4-6: 10-13 Rehearsals with WienSinfonietta
- Day 7: 11:00 Concert
- The course is designed for 8-10 active conductors. No age limit. Please note study and conducting experience in the online application form and provide a web based video.
- Workshop Languages: German, English, French
- Video: rehearsals and performance will be video recorded; every participant will receive a copy for private use (copyright remains with EMIV).
- Course Fee:
- Deposit payment: EUR 600 (as part of the course fee to be paid along with the application)
- Regular Course: EUR 1600 (total amount to be paid until June 01, 2024)
- Passive Fee:
- EUR 400
- Application Deadline Course: 01 June 2024
- Late application only upon availability of spots/waiting list