Methodical Pathways for Conductors (and other Musicians)
The Symphonies of Robert Schumann
Online Workshop with Jörg Birhance
From 9 December 2020 on
Robert Schumann: Symphonies 1, 2, 3 and 4 (1841 and 1851 versions)
In times of locked concert halls and the de facto impossibility of rehearsing and performing with orchestras, the precious opportunity arises for us to step back and once again reflect on what is essential in music.
For this reason we are going to resume the threads and dedicate the following weeks to the symphonies of Robert Schumann in the workshop 'Methodical Pathways'.
- Analysis: The Observation of Form as Movement (after Constantin Bugeanu)
- Conducting technique (after Sergiu Celibidache)
- Bar group analysis
- Melos, Tempo
- Problems of Instrumentation
- Stylistic aspects
- Rehearsal technique
- Note: Chapter II. from "The Observation of Form" is recommended as preparation for the method of study.
- December 2020: 9, 23, and 30
- January 2021: 13, 27
- February 2021: 10, 24
- March 2021: 10, 24
- From 8 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- The workshop is hold via Zoom and is designed for up to 25 participants (conductors, instrumentalists with interest in conducting are very welcome). No age limit.
- Workshop language: English, also German, Spanish, French and Italian
- Workshop fee: EUR 250
- For scholarship application please send us an email.