Methodical Pathways for Conductors
Anton Bruckner: VIII. Symphony in c (1890)
Online Workshop with Jörg Birhance
4 October 2022 - 28 February 2023
Anton Bruckner: VIII: Symphony in c (1890)
Methodical work on major works of the repertoire has become an integral background part of our study program - not only - for conductors, even beyond the phase of various pandemic lockdowns.
In the upcoming autumn and winter semester, we dedicate our exploration of form, Gestalt and the inner structure of the composition to one of the undisputed major works of symphonic literature: the 8th symphony of Anton Bruckner, of whom Hugo Wolf said: "He is the greatest symphonist of all times."
- Analysis: The Observation of Form as Movement (after Constantin Bugeanu)
- Melos, Tempo
- Problems of Instrumentation
- Stylistic aspects
- Rehearsal technique
- Note: Chapter II. from "The Observation of Form" is recommended as preparation for the method of study.
- Oct 4, 11, 18
- Nov 8, 22
- Dec 12, 19
- Jan 17, 31
- Feb 14, 21, 28
- From 8:15 p.m. - 9:45 p.m. Vienna time
- (subject to short termed changes of schedule)
- The workshop is hold via Zoom and is designed for up to 25 participants (conductors, instrumentalists with or without interest in conducting are very welcome). No age limit.
- Workshop language: English, also German, Spanish, French and Italian
- Workshop fee: EUR 300
- For scholarship application please send us an email. Free participation for people affected from the war in Ukraine.