Violin Youth Academy
19 - 23 July
Piano Accompaniment: N.N.
Music Theory & Feldenkrais®: Antonia Sfrangeu
Orchestra ensemble & Chamber Music: Jörg Birhance
The aim of the course is to deepening and practicing the fundamentals of violin playing, as well to practice skills in orchestra/ensemble playing.
Although the course is designed for young musicians, it can also be booked by participants of any age with the aim of intense instrumental study.
- Daily individual classes
- Practicing hours
- Ensemble playing
- Music Theory (optional):
- Music reading and writing
- Intervals: singing, reading, writing
- Rhythm and Metre: body exercises, writing, reading
- Solfeggio: singing and reading
- Creating music on the ground of cantus firmus rules
- Activities: Camp counselors provide youngsters under 14 with creative indoor and outdoor activities.
- A maximum of 15 participants will be accepted. The allocation to the lessons is done by the discretion of the course teacher.
- General Daily schedule: 09:00-09:30 Arrival, 09:30-16:30 Individual Classes, Music Theory, Feldenkrais®, ensemble playing and Indoor/Outdoor Activities, 12:00-13:15 Joint lunch (included in the course fee) and free time. End: 16:30.
- Preparation: Individual pieces of free choice.
- Orchestra Ensemble & Chamber Music: The repertoire will be adapted to the wishes and interest of the participants, e.g. Georg Philipp Telemann, Suite "Don Quichotte", Henry Purcell, "Pavane et Chaconne", Joseph Haydn, "Kindersymphonie". Parts will be communicated in due time before the course starts.
- Qualification: The course is designed for youngsters from age 7 on and older students.
- Please note: Parents are liable for their under-age children. For more information, please see below under 'Parents Presence on Campus.'
- Wladislaw Winokurow: German, English, Russian
- Myriam Labiausse: German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
- Course Fee:
- Deposit payment (as part of the course fee): EUR 220
- Early Bird (register and pay full course fee until March 15, 2021): EUR 410
- Regular Course (register and pay until June 01, 2021): EUR 450
- For participants who wish to participate with two instruments, the additional fee for the second instrument is EUR 220.
- Application deadline: 15 June 2021 – please consider that this course will sell out!