Vienna Youth Violin Workshop
19 - 23 July
For young violinists from 7 years on
Piano Accompaniment: N.N.
Music Theory for Kids & Feldenkrais® for Kids: Antonia Sfrangeu
Orchestra ensemble: Jörg Birhance
- Join us for our 5-day international course for young violinists as part of the Vienna Youth Music Workshop in the beautiful Laudon Palace and its gardens in the outskirts of Vienna.
- The aim of the course is to deepening and practicing the fundamentals of violin playing, to develop skills in orchestra/ensemble playing and also to discover together the necessary basics in musical knowledge.
- Daily individual classes
- Practicing hours
- Ensemble playing
- Music Theory for Kids:
- Music reading and writing
- Intervals: singing, reading, writing
- Rhythm and Metre: body exercises, writing, reading
- Solfeggio: singing and reading
- Creating own melodies on the ground of cantus firmus rules
- Feldenkrais® for Kids
- Activities: Camp counselors provide the children with creative indoor and outdoor activities.
- A maximum of 15 children will be accepted. The allocation to the lessons is done by the discretion of the course teacher.
- General Daily schedule: 09:00-09:30 Arrival, 09:30-16:30 Individual Classes, Music Theory, Feldenkrais®, ensemble playing and Indoor/Outdoor Activities, 12:00-13:15 Joint lunch (included in the course fee) and free time. 16:30-16:45 pickup.
- Preparation: Individual pieces of free choice.
- Orchestra Ensemble: Georg Philipp Telemann, Suite "Don Quichotte", Henry Purcell, "Pavane et Chaconne", Joseph Haydn, "Kindersymphonie". The repertoire can be modified depending on the level of the participating children. Parts will be communicated in due time before the course starts.
- Qualification: The course is designed for young players from age 7 on. Ability of music reading is required.
- Please note: Parents are liable for their children. For more information, please see below under 'Parents Presence on Campus.'
- Wladislaw Winokurow: German, English, Russian
- Myriam Labiausse: German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
- Course Fee:
- Deposit payment (as part of the course fee): EUR 220
- Early Bird (register and pay full course fee until March 15, 2021): EUR 410
- Regular Course (register and pay until June 01, 2021): EUR 450
- For participants who wish to participate with two instruments, the additional fee for the second instrument is EUR 220.
- Application deadline: 01 June 2021 – please consider that this course will sell out!