Vienna Youth Music Workshop
19 - 23 July
For young Violinists, Cellists and Pianists from 7 years on
Wladislaw Winokurow: Violin
Héloïse Piolat: Cello
Antonia Sfrangeu: Piano, Music Theory for Kids & Feldenkrais® for Kids:
Jörg Birhance: Orchestra Ensemble
N.N.: Piano accompaniment
N.N.: Camp Counselors
- Join us for our 5-day Vienna Youth Music Workshop in the beautiful Laudon Palace and its gardens in the outskirts of Vienna.
- The aim of the course is to deepening and practicing the fundamentals of instrumental playing, to develop skills in orchestra/ensemble playing and also to discover together the necessary basics in musical knowledge.
- Daily individual classes
- Practicing hours
- Ensemble playing (for Violin and Cello)
- Music Theory for Kids:
- Music reading and writing
- Intervals: singing, reading, writing
- Rhythm and Metre: body exercises, writing, reading
- Solfeggio: singing and reading
- Creating own melodies on the ground of cantus firmus rules
- Feldenkrais® for Kids
- Activities: Camp counselors provide the children with creative indoor and outdoor activities.
- Limited number of participants (violin: 12, cello: 5, piano: 5)
- General Daily schedule: 09:00-09:30 Arrival, 09:30-16:30 Individual Classes, Music Theory, Feldenkrais®, ensemble playing and Indoor/Outdoor Activities, 12:00-13:15 joint lunch (included in the course fee) and free time. 16:30-16:45 pickup.
- Preparation: Individual pieces of free choice.
- Orchestra Ensemble & Chamber Music:
- Georg Philipp Telemann, Suite "Don Quichotte" and
- Joseph Haydn, "Kindersymphonie"
- Further pieces and chamber music depending on the level of participants
- The repertoire can be modified depending on the level of the participating children. Parts will be communicated in due time before the course starts.
- Qualification: The course is designed for young players from age 7 on. Ability of music reading is required.
- Please note: Parents are liable for their children. For more information, please see below under 'Parents Presence on Campus.'
- German, English (for other languages see individual course pages)
- Course Fee:
- Deposit payment (as part of the course fee): EUR 230
- Early Bird (register and pay full course fee until March 15, 2020): EUR 410
- Regular Course (register and pay until June 01, 2019): EUR 450
- For participants who wish to participate with two instruments, the additional fee for the second instrument is EUR 200.
- Application deadline: 01 June 2020 – please consider that this course will sell out!