Christa Bützberger, Piano
01 - 04 August: Seminar tba
06 - 12 August: Master Course for Piano & Chamber Music
Two sessions of 2 hours each are scheduled every day (planned 10-12 a.m. and 4-6 p.m., tbc.).
The seminar is held via Zoom and is open to all musicians and music lovers. In each session there will be a round table discussion. The students can also intervene with questions.
Total duration: 20 hours.
- Languages: German, Italian
- Fee: EUR 250, free participation for active participants of the Piano Masterclass
Master Course for Piano and Chamber Music
06 - 12 August
- Approach: The course offers the opportunity to get to know the potential of the phenomenological approach in musical practice. The discovery of intersubjectively verifiable structures and laws in the musical experience can liberate technical playing skills at the same time. For chamber music, the phenomenological approach means understanding and getting aware of functional connections between the partners on the basis of a common orientation beyond personal interpretation. In order to deepen the theoretical basics of this method, the course also offers a one-hour daily introduction to phenomenology in connection with music.
- Program and Preparation: the international concert repertoire. At least 3 works by different composers, one work from Viennese Classics is recommended. In 2020, of course, the oeuvre of the annual patron Ludwig van Beethoven will be the focus of our Summer Academy. We therefore recommend that you prepare at least one of his compositions for your course.
- Qualification: adequate mastery of the instrument. Please send in a web-based tone/video document along with your application.
- Languages: German, Italian, French, English
- Course Fee:
- Deposit payment (as part of the course fee): EUR 300
- Early Bird (register and pay until March 15, 2021): EUR 590
- Regular Course (register and pay until June 01, 2020): EUR 630
- Online Course: EUR 490
- Passive participation: EUR 200
- Application Deadline: 01 June 2021
Please see here our Conditions of Participation.